Whilst a specific vacancy may not be advertised, we happily invite speculative applications. So if you have the relevant skills or the potential to learn them and enjoy working as part of a team then we'd really like to hear from you.
With over 150 employees there are many different roles within the company and we welcome applications from people with a range of experience and qualifications.
As an Investor in People we believe that our continued success relies upon attracting and retaining motivated and highly skilled employees and by doing the things that really matter for our customers and staff.
Upload your CV
Select a file from your computer and then press the Upload button to send us your CV directly.
Please make sure that you complete all fields marked with *.
There is currently 1 position available.
Manager for Production Planning and Maintenance
Reference Number: LP028
Lee and Plumpton is a leading manufacturer of office furniture that sells product primarily via the dealer and specification route.
As the planning and Maintenance Manager your overall objective is to provide an efficient planning and engineering service for production and maintenance services. Reporting to the Production Director your main responsibilities will be to ensure the most effcient planning of the maintenance function and office furniture manufacturing.
Key responsibilites will include:
- Managing the Production Planning and Maintenance Teams.
- Implement improvements and controls to acheive maximum efficiency.
- Provide a repair, maintenance, fault finding and overhaul and project engineering serivce for plant machinery and buildings as required.
- Maintain a Computerised Planning and Maintenance Management System.
- Schedule maintenance tasks ensuring minimal disruption to production.
- Monitor the safe running of the plant and compile risk assessments as required.
- Issue 'permits to work' to colleagues and to external contractors and visitors.
- Ensure compliance to relevant inspections e.g. BSI 14001, OHSAS 18001 Etc.
The Candidate will:
- Have a recognised technical engineering qualification (HNC/D, C&G Technician or Equivalent).
- Have experience of planning and maintenance management.
- Have expereince with CNC machinery.
- Be an enthusiastic, determined, self motivated hands-on engineer with a strong desire to learn, progress and achieve set targets.
If you are interested in joining a progressive family company with a competitive benefits package you should send a CV with current salary details to:
Closing Date: Friday, 14 March 2014